WJJY CASH CALL CONTEST RULES – April 28, 2015
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
1. The WJJY CASH CALL is an on-going contest that will continue until further notice.
2. There will be a minimum of one (1) CASH CALL call, with a maximum of four (4) CASH CALL calls placed per day, Monday through Saturday at various times throughout each day during the contest period.
3. The CASH CALL jackpot amount changes throughout the contest period as described in official rules, and the current Cash Call jackpot amount will be announced over WJJY at various times throughout each day.
4. Each day of the contest, telephone numbers will be randomly selected by designated station employee using telephone numbers that have been pre-selected from telephone directories within a 50-mile radius of Brainerd, MN, and from entries mailed to WJJY per Official Rule 7 below for consumer CASH CALLS, and using business telephone directories within a 50-mile radius of Brainerd, MN, and from entries mailed to WJJY per Official Rule #11 for WJJY BUSINESS CASH CALLS. Thereafter, each pre-selected telephone number will be called by the announcer to play the CASH CALL contest.
5. Any eligible person (“contestant”) who answers a CASH CALL telephone call will be asked what the correct CASH CALL jackpot amount is. If that contestant correctly identifies the exact amount in the current CASH CALL jackpot, that contestant will win that amount in the jackpot, subject to eligibility verification. Each time a contestant correctly answers the CASH CALL jackpot amount, the CASH CALL jackpot amount will go back down to the minimum of $106.70.
6. Each time the contest is conducted, and (i) the contestant responds incorrectly, (ii) no one answer the phone after six (6) rings, (iii) an answering device answers the call, (iv) there are technical failures (i.e., disconnected number, out of service), or (v) the announcer gets a busy signal (the announcer may, at his/her sole discretion, re-dial the telephone number up to two (2) times in the event of a busy signal), it will be considered an incorrect response and varying amounts of money will be added to the CASH CALL jackpot total until such time the correct amount is guessed.
7. For the consumer CASH CALL, if a person is not listed in an area directory or would like to have their cell phone called instead of a land line and would like to be called with a WJJY CASH CALL, there are three (3) ways to enter: (1) send a post card with their name and phone number to: WJJY CASH CALL, P.O. Box 746, Brainerd, MN 56401; (2) stop into the studio and register their phone number, or; (3) go to our website at www.1067WJJY.com, and find the CASH CALL icon to register their phone number.
8. When making a consumer CASH CALL, the announcer need not speak directly to the person who is listed in the directory at the specific number. Rather, the person who answers the phone is the legal (actual) contestant so long as that person is eligible as set forth in Official Rule #9. The answer must be given within a maximum of 60 seconds.
9. Open to residents of Minnesota who are 18 years of age or older. Employees and members of their immediate families of HBI Radio, LLC, and/or their advertising agencies, are ineligible to participate in the WJJY CASH CALL. Void where prohibited.
10. WJJY BUSINESS CASH CALLS will be made once per week in lieu of a consumer CASH CALL, Monday through Friday.
11. For a WJJY BUSINESS CASH CALL, if a person does not normally answer the phone at their place of business, and would like to be called at work with a WJJY BUSINESS CASH CALL, they may send a letter or postcard to WJJY with specific instructions on how to reach them at work. (WJJY BUSINESS CASH CALL, P.O. BOX 746, Brainerd, MN 56401)
12. When conducting a WJJY BUSINESS CASH CALL, the person answering the telephone at the business called shall receive the money if they know the correct amount in the current CASH CALL jackpot. The contestant may consult with other parties present. The answer must be given within a maximum of 60 seconds.
13. When conducting a WJJY BUSINESS CASH CALL, and calling a number from an entry mailed to WJJY as a WJJY BUSINESS CASH CALL, only the person whose name is on the entry will be eligible to receive the money if they know the correct amount in the current CASH CALL jackpot. The contestant may consult with other parties present. The answer must be given within a maximum of 60 seconds. If the person whose name is on the entry is not available, it will be considered an incorrect response and varying amounts of money will be added to the CASH CALL jackpot total until such time the correct amount is guessed.
14. Verified winners will receive a check for their prize in the mail within 30 days of the date that they win. Checks may not be claimed in person unless prior arrangements have been made. Sponsor is not responsible for any lost, late, damaged, destroyed, stolen or misdirected prizes.
15. Each winner (i) agrees to release and indemnify HBI Radio, LLC, including its officers, directors, employees and subsidiaries, affiliates, parent or related companies from and against any and all liability, claims, damages and actions arising directly or indirectly out of or sustained in connection with the awarding, acceptance or use of the prize(s), (ii) agrees that no sponsors or agents have made any representation, warranty or guaranty relative to the prize, and (iii) consents to the use by the Sponsor of this contest for promotional purposes only of his/her likeness and/or voice, and address (city and state) without any additional compensation. By participating in this contest, each participant agrees to the application of these official rules.
16. Refusal to agree to any official rule may disqualify the contestant from receiving the CASH CALL prize. Limit one CASH CALL prize per person/household. Decisions of WJJY concerning any and all matters with respect to this contest shall be final. WJJY,in its sole discretion, may disqualify any entrant from participation in or use of any or all portions of this contest and refuse to award the prize, if entrant engages in any conduct WJJY deems to be improper, unfair or otherwise adverse to the operation of the contest or detrimental to other entrants of the contest. 17. Winners may be required to complete a W-9 for tax purposes prior to receiving his/her prize. If necessary, and the proper forms are not completed and returned, prizes will be considered forfeited and will not be awarded. CASH CALL prizes are not transferable.
17. For the names of the winners of $25.00 or more for the past three (3) months from the date the envelope is postmarked, send a separate self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Winners List, WJJY CASH CALL Contest, P.O. BOX 746, Brainerd, MN 56401.
18. WJJY reserves the right to cancel the cash call contest at any time.
DATE: April 28, 2015