KLIZ-FM 107.5 SWEEPSTAKES AND CONTEST
STANDARD OFFICIAL RULES
1. HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
To enter online sweepstakes and contests, listeners register online at http://www.1067wjjy.com/ If entries are permitted by other means (e.g., by telephone, mail or telefax), the other permitted forms of entry will be indicated on our website and may periodically be included in on-air promotions on WJJY-FM 106.7 (“WJJY” or “Station”).
To enter on-air sweepstakes contests, listeners can enter as explained by the on-air talent (i.e., caller #10, etc) on WJJY.
To enter Facebook sweepstakes and contests, visit our page on Facebook at www.facebook.com/pages/1067-WJJY/122646251126258, scroll down to find, complete and submit the online entry form. The Station Facebook contests and sweepstakes are not sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook. By entering, you are providing the information to the Station, and not Facebook.
To enter text message sweepstakes and contests, listeners will be asked to use a text-messaging enabled wireless device to text a specified “keyword” to a specified five digit number. After you send in the text-message you will receive a confirmation text validating one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. You will be charged for each text message sent or received from your handset according to the terms and conditions of your Service Agreement with your wireless carrier. Your standard text and data rates may apply. Each wireless carrier’s rate plan may vary, and entrants should contact their wireless carrier for information on text messaging rate plans and charges relating to your participation in the sweepstakes or contest. Any text message form of entry into a sweepstakes or contest will be deemed made by the named account holder whose mobile phone number is assigned at the time of entry to the text-messaging enabled wireless device used to text the entry. Each text message sent to or received by a service subscriber of any wireless carrier may incur a standard text messaging charge in accordance with that carrier’s (Terms and Conditions) applicable to such subscriber’s particular voice/data rate plan. Contact your wireless carrier for text messaging plan details.
Deadlines for entering will typically be stated on the station website or announced by our on-air talent and may periodically be included in on-air promotions.
Unless otherwise indicated on our website or as explained by our on-air talent or in our on-air promotions, there is a limit of one entry per contest per person; any person submitting more than one entry per contest may be disqualified.
Station is not responsible for problems accessing the Station websites or Facebook page, for problems sending a text, technical or atmospheric conditions that disrupt the completion of a website or text entry, or any other problems which may or may not result from station sweepstakes and contests.
Note that webcasts of Station’s programming are typically on a delayed basis, which may affect a webcast listener’s ability to participate in any contest or sweepstakes. Station will not accept collect calls. Station is not responsible for telephone line unavailability, busy signals on the sweepstakes or contest line, operator interference, technical or atmospheric conditions that disrupt the completion of the phone call, telephone system malfunctions, or any other telephone problems or human error which may or may not result from any sweepstakes or contest.
2. HOW WINNERS ARE CHOSEN AND NOTIFIED: The criteria and process for selecting winners will typically be stated on the website or as explained by our on-air talent and may periodically be included in on-air promotions. Unless otherwise stated, winners will be notified by e-mail and/or phone. WJJY is not responsible if the winner is unable to be notified via the e-mail address submitted to enter the contest.
3. PRIZES: The number of winners, the specific prizes to be awarded, and the values of prizes will typically be stated on the website or as explained by our on-air talent and may be periodically included in on-air promotions. Odds of winning will typically be dependent upon the number of eligible entries received. The winner is responsible for all income taxes due as a result of his or her accepting a prize, and an IRS Form 1099 may be submitted to applicable taxing authorities.
4. CLAIMING A PRIZE: Unless otherwise stated on the station website or as explained by our on-air talent, each winner’s prize will be mailed to him/her. In the event a winner must claim his/her prize in person, the prize must be claimed at the WJJY Studios, 13225 Dogwood Drive South, Baxter, MN 56425, during normal business hours (Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.) within ten (10) days after the day he or she wins. This is to verify that the prize is being given to the qualified winner. Failure to comply with this deadline shall be deemed to be the winner’s forfeiture of his or her right to claim a prize. Each winner must prove he or she is a qualified winner by presenting identification acceptable to WJJY (e.g., state drivers license; state issued identification card; valid passport with address verification; or birth certificate with social security card and photo identification and address verification). If a winner cannot prove he or she is a qualified winner, the prize will not be awarded. All unclaimed prizes remain the property of WJJY.
5. ELIGIBILITY: Individuals must be 18 years or older and be residents of Minnesota, unless otherwise stated, to be eligible to participate and win prizes in WJJY on-line contests and promotions. You are not eligible to enter our on-line contests if you or a member of your immediate family works for Hubbard Radio Bemidji, LLC (or its station WJJY), HBI Radio, LLC, any contest sponsor, or any of these companies’ parent or related companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, or advertising agencies.
6. CONTEST DEADLINES: Contest deadlines will typically be stated on the station website and may be periodically included in on-air promotions. WJJY is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, undeliverable, incomplete or illegible entries.
7. RELEASE; CONSENT TO USE LIKENESS, VOICE AND ADDRESS: By participating in an on-line or on-air contest, you: (a) agree to release and indemnify Hubbard Radio Bemidji, LLC and its station WJJY-FM 106.7, HBI Radio, LLC and any contest sponsor(s) (including their officers, directors, employees, subsidiaries, affiliates, and parent or related companies) from and against any and all liability, claims, damages and actions arising directly or indirectly out of or sustained in connection with the conduct of the promotion or contest, and the awarding, acceptance or use of any prize(s); and (b) consent to the use by WJJY for promotional purposes only, of your on-line or call-in entry, your likeness, your voice, and/or your address (city and state) without any additional compensation.
8. WINNER LIST: Upon request, the station will provide you a list of winner(s) (name(s) only) from each of its contests or sweepstakes. In order to request such a list, please send a separate self-addressed, stamped envelope before the last day of the calendar month in which the prize is awarded, to Winners List, WJJY, PO Box 746, Baxter, MN 56425. Requests for different contests or sweepstakes must be submitted separately. Each request must identify the specific contest or promotion about which the inquiry relates; inquiries not containing this information will not receive a response.
Decisions of WJJY concerning any and all matters with respect to station contests shall be final. WJJY reserves the right to change its contest rules, including these standard terms and conditions, without notice. These standard terms and conditions may be changed or supplemented by contest-specific rules. If there’s a discrepancy between these standard terms and conditions and any contest-specific rules that we may develop, the contest-specific rules shall control. WJJY reserves the right to change the prize values at any time, or to substitute prizes of comparable value. All contests and sweepstakes are void where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law.
Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable, and must be taken in their entirety. By entering our contests, each contestant agrees to be bound by, and comply with, all official rules governing the contest, including these standards terms and conditions or any contest-specific rules we may implement. Some contest prizes may be shared by the winner, or allow someone to accompany or share in the prize with the winner. A pair of concert tickets would be an example of this. For such prizes, by accompanying a winner or sharing in the prize with a winner, any winner's guest(s) or accompanying party(ies) agree(s) to be bound by all official rules governing the contest, including these standards terms and conditions or any contest-specific rules we may implement
Decisions of WJJY concerning any and all matters with respect to any contest or sweepstakes shall be final. Contest or sweepstakes are void where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law. WJJY reserves the right to change the prize values at any time. WJJY is not responsible for printing errors in the contest materials or these rules. WJJY is not responsible for problems accessing the website, or technical or atmospheric conditions that disrupt the completion of the entry, or any other problems which might or might not result from any contest or sweepstakes. WJJY, in its sole discretion, may disqualify any entrant from participation in or use of any or all portions of any contest or sweepstakes, and refuse to award any Prize, if participant engages in any conduct WJJY deems to be improper, unfair or otherwise adverse to the operation of the contest or detrimental to other entrants of the contest. Such improper conduct includes, without limitation, falsifying personal information required during registration or prize claim, violating any term or condition stated herein, accumulating entries through methods such as automated computer scripts or any other programming techniques, allowing others to use entrant's personal information for the purpose of accumulating entries, or intentionally trying to defraud, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise tamper with the computer programs in connection with this sweepstakes. Participants agree that WJJY may void any part of a Prize that participant may have won and/or require the return of any part of a Prize that participant may have won as a result of such improper conduct. Participant further acknowledges that any forfeiture of a Prize and/or return of a Prize shall in no way prevent WJJY from pursuing other avenues of recourse such as criminal or civil proceedings in connection with such conduct. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF ANY CONTEST OR SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, EACH OF THE CONTEST ENTITIES RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR SUCH ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. If, for any reason, any contest or sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, cancellation of show, scheduling changes or any other causes which WJJY, in its sole opinion believes could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this contest, WJJY reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this contest and select a Prize winner from entries received prior to the action taken or in such other manner as WJJY may deem fair and appropriate.